Alder (sorry no pic) was openly excited. Jumping and waving in line with his class in the hall, and holding my hand. Too talkative to eat well.
Heath saw me, shuddered, looked around and just acted like this was no big deal though he couldn't look me in the eye because a smile would crack. So we started off with a super stealthy high five in the hall, him pursing lips in a sideways smile-binding sorta kiss face. Once we sat down he quickly told me he was glad I was there and warmed up. Then lots of questions about why I was there and how I got there and how often I would be doing this. Goes to show that though he is comfortable at his still new school, and quite confident in general, any derivation from routine takes some on the fly checks for okay-ness and readjustment.
If you know them both you would think these reactions to a surprise parent lunch visit should be switched. Personalities are just never simple nor standard. Each of theirs is so rich just how it is.

No comments:
Post a Comment